Friday, June 21, 2013

Thank God Its Friday!

We're over a month into summer now and I'm still wondering when the 'lazy days of summer' begin.  Running Kate around all week and trying to keep her entertained is wearing this mama out! 

Today was the last day of week 1 of Vacation Bible School.  When I signed her up for VBS I thought that the 9-12 hours would be fun for Kate AND a nice break for me.  Well not so much.  Little one needs a nap in that time period so basically I race Kate to VBS, squeeze in a walk or an errand, race home for Anna Clare to either nap (or cry if she's refusing a nap), then race back to pick Kate up.  Not the relaxing break I was hoping for!  Oh well, Kate had a ball!  Her class at VBS this week was run by 1 adult teacher and a half dozen or so young teen girls.  Oh these girls LOVE the little ones!  Many times when I got there to get Kate one of the girls was holding her like a baby.  She was eating this stuff up!

Here is Kate with one of the teen volunteers, being carried like a baby!  Clearly she is loving it!

 
VBS class photo.


VBS graduate with her cute frame and photo.
 

 
 
Preston Meadows Lutheran puts on a great Vacation Bible School for these kiddos.  Kate had a wonderful week but secretly I'm glad it's over!  Now onto next week and another VBS at our church.  Just thinking about it makes me tired...
 
Here's how we spent the rest of the afternoon.  At home, playing and working on the latest National Geographic Kids magazine!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment