Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Where to begin?

So I'm more than slightly ashamed of myself!  I've not updated my blog in almost 3 months.  Wow.  Yes, lots has happened since my last post but that's absolutely no excuse!

1) We house hunted in Greenville - 20+ houses in one weekend.  After Brett spent lots of time with our realtor before I ever flew in to help.  After thinking we'd be living on the street, or perhaps in a condo in the mountains, we finally decided on a house!  We put our house (the most fantastic house EVER!) in Texas on the market.  Sniff sniff.  And though it took longer than we expected it sold.  :-(

2) We moved.  I'd like to say it was an easy move but not so much.  3 days of men packing the house and us skipping town JUST before Dallas got iced in for 5 days, several days in a not-so-fabulous hotel and a long, slow move into a house that we don't love like we loved our Frisco house.  Yet, after our brief 3 year stint in Texas we are back in our beloved Carolinas!  Not quite my Charlotte home of 16 years but pretty dang close!  And while I'm THRILLED to be here I've discovered that I actually miss Texas!  (whoda thunk?!?)  At least some things about Texas, well about Frisco.  We don't have parks on every corner here, everything isn't brand new, and we've actually walked into a restaurant (well Brett did) where people were smoking!!  (hello 1995, nice to see you again!)

3) Kate is in yet another new preschool.  After being in her Charlotte daycare from 4 months until the day before we moved to Texas this is her 5th new preschool in 3 years.  Sigh, I guess I couldn't get my act together in Texas - though in my defense we did move twice causing two of the changes.  Regardless, she seems to be taking it all in stride.  Though I feel bad for her because, at this point, she has 1 friend in Greenville.  Thank God for the gobs of family and friends we have nearby!  :-)

4) We've been busy!  We have had visitors - LOTS of visitors!  We've traveled to see friends in Charlotte and Atlanta.  And we've left our children with family to enjoy a much needed childfree weekend on Marco Island!  Man its nice being back in the Carolinas!!




And here are some picture highlights! 


The move!  Anna Clare thought the big truck was cool.  The mustang was taken away on a carrier.  Max and Brett cuddled on the first night of our trip back east.




 
 
Christmas was a blur!  Thankfully Santa found us in our new home and even brought Kate a new bike!
 

 
 
 
Anna Clare finally started walking (at 17 months)!  Now she's ready to play!  Kate got a big girl haircut and Max has a girlfriend!




 
 
 
We had lots of adventures!  In Greenville and in Georgia with our friends!
 



 
And we even got a little snow.  Kate and Max loved it.  Brett was enjoying the sun in Florida and Anna and I were wishing we were with him!





But of everything that we've done since November I think our weekend away was my favorite!  Nothing like south Florida in January!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment