Monday, November 18, 2013

Well Hello Peer Pressure!

I had a reality check from Kate last week.  One day after school she says "mommy, my friends asked me why I carry a little backpack."  Eesh.  Yes, its true, bad mommy had Kate carrying the same little backpack to school that I bought her before she started preschool 2 years ago.  Her friends all carry backpacks big enough to carry a medium sized dog to school!  In my own defense, I had bought Kate a matching Pottery Barn preschool backpack and matching lunchbox a while back.  But it seemed big to me so its been sitting in her closet for over a year.  And, naturally, now its packed away in a box somewhere!  So Kate and I discussed what kind of backpack she would like - a conversation I really didn't even need to have to know the answer!  Thankfully the kids consignment store around the corner from school had one full size backpack with princesses on just waiting for me to find it the very next day!  What luck!  I wonder how long $4.50 will make my children happy... 

Kate was SO SO proud to wear her backpack to school!  She couldn't wait for her friends to see it!  And I kinda like it too b/c her lunchbox, her (new, cool, princess) thermos, and her snack all go inside the backpack so momma is hands free!  Woot woot!  (well except the non-walker I still carry around)

























While Kate apparently had a growth spurt and outgrew all her coats her sister is still refusing to walk!  We see other babies her age who are full on running but not our little peanut.  A friend of ours just gave us their old walker.  Anna Clare quickly learned how to roll all around in it and maybe, just maybe, it will help her learn to walk!

And although she won't walk she's happy to climb all over her sister's toys.  Including the scooter! 



 

















No comments:

Post a Comment