Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My not so favorite birthday party...


So the next time Kate gets invited to a birthday party at a salon in the mall where they make 5 year old girls look like teenagers we will be out of town and unable to attend.  As if enduring the torture of a dark room with bright flashing lights, a mirrored dance floor and loud Britney Spears songs with 20 something 5 year old girls isn't enough I got to bring a toddler along for the ride.  Naturally Anna Clare was screaming like a lunatic within 5 minutes of that crazy scene.  Fortunately the over-stimulated little one bought me an hour or so of walking the mall in peace and quiet while Kate hung with the big girls and their poor moms.  However we had to return eventually.  Just in time to see the final made-over version of my preschooler and her new buddies line up and run screaming through the mall (seriously, the mall allowed this...) and then have a fashion show where they got to demonstrate their best runway walk. Seriously somebody smother me with a pillow before I ever agree to take Kate to another party like this!  
















Anna Clare wanted so badly to get into the action!  She repeated climbed onto the stage, photo bombed a few pictures and danced in the mirror while the girls ate cake.  

And quite naturally the most annoying birthday party ever came with the worst party favor in the history of party favors!  Seriously, make up for my 5 year old?!?  Fantastic!  After Kate reapplying blue eye shadow every few hours for several days and sleeping with her makeup it had to get "lost".  NEVER AGAIN!



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the party looks decent. The kids just love to dance so do I. actually I am fond of dancing. On my 20th birthday I threw a chic disco themed party from the money that I had been saving up for a long time. The bash just turned out to be blasting. Had booked one of the best venues in Los Angeles for the celebrations.

    ReplyDelete